Saturday, March 11, 2006

all this death is killing my buzz...


yet another piece of my early youth is G-O-N-E...the illustrious Boom-Boom Geoffrion, died early this morning...yeah, probably means absolutely nothing to the handful of you who actually read this blog...but to me, well, it is all about my papa...see the thing is boom boom's playing days were over before i was born, i associated him more with his coaching and simply hearing my grandfather say his name because he liked saying it...pop would work boom boom's name into conversations that had nothing to do with hockey let alone boom boom...sometimes he would just blurt it out in a fake french accent...
growing up with my grandparents, saturday nights, during the winter(and pre the boy obsessed years), consisted of hee-haw and hockey night in canada...god, i hated it...but then hockey night just became part of who i was/am (sorry, no, not the hee haw...though, that barbie benton sure had a set of knockers on her)...i have found myself falling out of love and then back in love with it depending on what was/is going on in my life and where i am living...
yeah, anyway...too many people are dying and it is just getting me down...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the inventor of the Slap Shot.

12:20 PM  
Blogger mindlessgirl said...

yes, thank god someone who reads my blog understands...or at least read the link...

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter