Tuesday, February 07, 2006

in 4s...

have some free time during the pre-vegas madness as mikey completes our catalog to send off to press, so...i thought i would use this time to finally address my latest meme bitch-slap(sting, ouch, i'm it) from the ever lovely and engaging happy little atom...oops, sorry just dozed off for a sec...tom waits is currently serenading me from mikey's computer...damn, music that makes you want to move in slow motion, yet annoys the hell out of me at the same time...anyway i digress...yes, the 4 things about me meme...hold tight kids, here we go...

4 jobs i have had:

  1. childcare provider for a well-known politician that i will let remain nameless...this was during my early college years...it was grand...even had his homemade apple sauce
  2. store bitch for a silversmith/jewelry designer...this old man was nuts, N U T S i tell you...would call me waverly, walked around with food in his beard all the time, was abusive towards his apprentice (who did all the work)and made me take the tags and names off other artisan's pieces so he could claim it was his work...he also tried to get me and my then bf to buy the business from him as long as he retained the name, the building, etc...and we paid him monthly tithings...he and i use to get into these knock down drag outs, yet somehow i still had affection for him (again the daddy complex thing...please reference my don cherry post)
  3. territory/accounts manager for the most INSANE toy company ever...let me tell you...the best way i can explain the atmosphere at this company (which i believe is currently sinking like a rat-infested ship) is kevin spacey-swimmingwiththesharks-esque...they would make us pay for our business trips (although i would lie and say i didn't have a credit card), call you at home(which i successfully avoided for 3 years until the bastard company president, dany, had worn down one of my poor, sweet field reps...he even made poor kevin dial the phone), dany would also call you at work while he was on the toilet, swear at you in lebanese, always talk to your boobs...and ...on top of it everyone in the toy industry hated us...we had to hide our badges when at the big javits international toy show...companys were constantly accusing us of knocking shit off...it was easily the most painful 4 years of my life...i was often used as the person to make nice when things went bad with our accounts...although,thanks to this job, i did meet some of the most wonderful people in my life, and it inspired me to get my ass in grad school.
  4. personal assistant to one loopy,narcissistic woodswoman/author...was the summer i was finishing up grad school and i thought this could be really cool...i had read her books, been enthralled/sucked in by her tales of self-sufficiency and all out "grrrrrrlness"...well, let me tell you...she became possessive of me, wanted me to paint her toenails,do her laundry, make her lunch...and i had to sift through dozens of mice feces, mold infested boxes of fan mail and notes that encompassed 30 years of her life so she could "donate" it to cornell university...now part of this was kinda cool, but what sucked was i had to read each of the letters out loud to her and then was instructed to pitch anything that seemed disparaging toward her...on the upside, she had the sweetest dogs in the world.
4 movies i can watch over and over again:
  1. Pillow Talk
  2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  3. Heathers
  4. and kari, i concur...i too love love love Pee Wee's Big Adventure
4 places i have lived:
  1. chateaugay, ny...the happy castle
  2. burlington, vt
  3. stony brook/port jefferson/setauket, long island
  4. cinncinatus, ny...i always think of this time as the the heidi years(or rather year...i was 5, it seemed like years)...you know when she came down from the mountain to live with her relatives...sad, sad days...
4 TV shows i love:
  1. Pee Wee's Playhouse
  2. Get Smart
  3. Good Times
  4. The Office(america)
4 places i have vacationed:
  1. st. tropez, france (and yeah, i did have the ban de soleil tan going)
  2. zalaszentgrot, hungary
  3. london, england
  4. montreal, quebec(on many occassions)
4 of my favorite dishes:
  1. enchiladas suiza
  2. pad thai
  3. pan seared frois gras(yeah, yeah, peta people, back off)
  4. any curry!!!!!
4 sites i visit daily:(there are a lot more, though...ugh...)
  1. tiny (but not sure i can count this one as i am kinda a part of it...) so i will add a 1. a) edmonton sun
  2. LeLo in NoPo
  3. Used Hack
  4. boing boing
4 places i would rather be right now:
  1. hanging out with my sis
  2. drinking coffee, eating some bitchin' oatmeal, and smooching mikey at cafe reggio ...coffee/oatmeal smooches...deelish
  3. 10th grade health class with hopee
  4. an oilers' game... drinking some molsons...right on
4 people i am tagging??!!??...shit no one ever does what i tell them to do...well for what it is worth...:
  1. LeLo
  2. inky
  3. dieselboi
  4. rigo

8 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

Okay. You've had the most interesting jobs I've read from anyone doing this meme. KICK ASS! I hate guys who talk to your boobs.

Pee Wee's Playhouse? The. Best. Show. Ever. And love love love the movie. As for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, it's an annual tradition at Casa de Lelo y AdRi. It's really not possible to talk about RVs without referencing "that there is a RECreATIONal VEEHicle Clark." And don't even get me started on how frickin' funny The Office is. Hello. That's called my worst nightmare.

As for tagging me, I'm a Pisces, thus, I am incredibly intuitive and perceptive. I sensed you were going to tag me on this one so I completed it a month ago. http://lelonopo.blogspot.com/2006/01/four-things-you-may-or-may-not-know.html

10:50 PM  
Blogger Happy Little Atom said...

Wow. you put all of our lame-ass jobs to shame, girl. We will have Pee Wee Fest when you move here. I have the box set of the shows! And the very fabulous Pee Wee's Christmas Special with Charo and Grace Slick. I watch it EVERY thanksgiving (insert groan from family members here.) It's the only way to start the holidaze!

2:01 AM  
Blogger mindlessgirl said...

god, lelo, i so suck...i do visit your site everyday, too...ha...i kinda remembered you did this one already(no really, but i was too lazy to double check)...

happy...i so want to see the xmas special...have NEVER seen it...grace slick and charo...holy molly!!!...mikey got me and lu the first season last year...and i can watch them over and over and over again...it is a complete hoot getting to see lu's reactions.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Happy Little Atom said...

Hot damn, and Pillow Talk? We are gonna have slumber party GALORE. Yeah, me and my nephews watch the episodes and they love it. We still do the secret word everyday. You know, some people think the Dali Lama is the greatest man on earth, but I'm kind voting Pee Wee. If more people watched that show, there would be less arseholes and more gigglers in the world. Paul Reubens, come back to us!

9:02 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

PIllow Talk is also one of THE BEST movies ever. Split screens in movies need to be used more often. In fact, we could have one going right now with this commenting thread. Well, I guess we kinda do.

I have Terry the Pteradactile (sp?!) wind up doll. And I used to have a jomby. He was naughty! And gay! Sigh. Pee Wee was way ahead of his time. Or, my twin separated at birth who took our sense of humor and made entertainment with it.

P.S. I am INCREDIBLY flattered that you visit lelonopo on a daily basis. Will that end if I tell you I often wear Danskos? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

9:53 PM  
Blogger mindlessgirl said...

lelo, i accept your danskos...because you are beautiful and therefore, by pythagorean theoreom, your danskos will be beautiful...and thus i will continue visiting your blog regardless of your shoe ware (pssst...i owned a pair myself).

happy...i love slumber parties...as long as you don't place my hand in a warm bowl of water while i sleep, i am there!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i invited?

2:27 PM  
Blogger mindlessgirl said...

inky...like i said, as long as no one is sticking my hand in warm bowls of water whilst i sleep...oh and someone plays with my hair, then it is slumber party time

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter